TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Site Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you visit the Site. For example, we may collect Automatic Information and your IP address. As used herein, "Automatic Information" is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages or ads from the Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet.
Information You Provide Us
Personal information such as your user ID and password, name, email address, telephone number, physical address, birth date, gender, zip code or other information may be collected via online forms you submit to the Site.
When you open emails from the Site, we may receive a confirmation noting that you opened the email and if you clicked on any of the links contained in such email. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what emails you have opted to and not to receive.
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Site, including but not limited to those described below:
IP Addresses and Automatic Information
We may collect IP addresses and/or Automatic Information for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors. Our computers identify your computer by its IP address. When you request Web pages from the Site, our computers log your IP address. Automatic Information we collect may include, without limitation, such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such information. When analyzed, this data helps us determine how visitors arrive at the Site, what type of content is most popular, and what type of visitors (in the aggregate) are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising. We may also use Automatic Information to provide you with a more personalized user experience.
Consistent with standard practice within the web publishing industry, web pages throughout the Site may contain electronic images (generally, single-pixel ".gif" images) called "web beacons." These web beacons allow ForYou, Inc. to access certain cookies that were set in a domain different from that which is displayed in the current web page's address bar. ForYou, Inc. 's use of web beacons, includes, without limitation, the following:
- ForYou, Inc. may use web beacons within the Site in order to count unique users (actually, unique web browsers), visits and page views. Unique browser recognition is possible through the use of web beacons and associated cookies that may be managed by a third party site analytics partner.
- ForYou, Inc. may use web beacons to monitor Site traffic and conversion patterns through our various product and service offerings. For example, web beacons may be integrated into a merchandise product page as well as the subsequent shopping cart, transaction and verification pages. This allows us to determine the most appropriate methods to serve our transaction-oriented customers.
- ForYou, Inc. may use web beacons to provide our web-serving applications with access to ForYou, Inc. cookies. This allows us to personalize your experience when you visit the Site.
- ForYou, Inc. includes web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages (messages in which we are able to include graphics). These beacons allow us to determine whether or not email messages were opened, links were clicked and notifications/offers were acted upon.
If you purchase a product from us or subscribe to any of the services offered on our Site, we will ask you to complete an order form that will require certain information from you, including credit card number and expiration date, billing address and shipping information, if applicable. We will use this information to complete the transaction that you have requested, i.e., to deliver the products or other services that you ordered, and, if necessary, to invoice you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
ForYou, Inc. owns the information collected via the Site. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- Contact you about the Site.
- Contact you relating to your membership status.
- Confirm or fulfill an order you have made.
- Monitor or improve the use of the Site.
- Customize the advertising and content you see.
- Monitor compliance with our Site Terms of Service.
- Provide special offers to you from us and/or our respective affiliates, subsidiaries and other third parties.
- Send you promotional material on behalf of our partners.
- Inform you of a prize you have won.
WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, we may share your personally identifiable information with others for various purposes. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
ForYou, Inc. or any of it assets, including the Site, may be sold, or other transactions may occur in which your personally identifiable information is one of the key business assets. In such a case, your personally identifiable information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
In the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process, your personally identifiable information may be disclosed pursuant to such subpoena, court order or legal process, which may be without notice to you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
The Site incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your credit card number is encrypted via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and is stored behind a firewall. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
A SPECIAL NOTE FOR PARENTS CONCERNING PRIVACY
The Site is a general audience site. We do not currently collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) on the Site. If in the future, we collect personally identifiable information from children, we will do so in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (15 U.S.C. 6501 et seq.).
CORRECTING/UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if you no longer wish to access our Site, we provide a way to correct, update and/or remove personal data you have provided to us.